Saturday 14 May 2011

"Nice 'Do"

So as some of you may know, halter breaking an animal involves a lot of work and time. While working with our animals, my sisters and I enjoy doing the hair on their heads in silly ways. The top of an animals head, where it would grow horns if it is a horned animal, is called the poll. On their poll, cattle grow a nice little tuft of hair and the following pictures demonstrate a few of the various styles available.


The Comb Over

Mine enjoys a look called "The Professor"


2 comments:

  1. I have never looked at that part of a bovine’s head that way before, and now I probably never will again because I'll always be reminded of this blog topic. It actually sounds like you're talking about celebrities and politicians.

    Is there a bovine version of a Donald Trump hair-do, because if there were the comb over would start somewhere near the animals tail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you make a valid point, the comb over should start farther back. Another interesting one we should try would be a tail-to-poll mohawk, I think that would look quite sharp. My personal favourite is the sideways mohawk across the poll from ear to ear but it has been too windy to do that hairstyle effectively.

    ReplyDelete